Sunday 3 November 2019

Love it or leave it, you better gangway



After a faboo party for John-John's 60th last night - an event that brought loads of familiar old faces out of the woodwork (some former colleagues I hadn't seen for several years), as well the usual "gang" and many more besides - I am understandably having a bit of a quiet one today. I haven't even got dressed, but so what?

Let's stick to the "mellow" mood, with a rather surprising number from our beloved Postmodern Jukebox [for whom I spectacularly failed to get tickets at their forthcoming appearance at the Royal Festival Hall; it's now completely sold out] - a tribute to that hip-hop icon/stalwart/laughing-stock [delete as appropriate] Vanilla Ice (complete with a melting ice sculpture of the man himself)...


We love Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox!

2 comments:

  1. I am so disappointed on your behalf for missing the show. I love them and assume a live performance by them must be quite something. That said, this is still an absolute suck song. If you rip off David Bowie/Queen and your song still sucks, you might as well start looking for another job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When your birth name was Robert Matthew Van Winkle, and even that is cooler than your stage persona, then you know you really are a laughing-stock. Recent milestones in the Icester's "career" include performing with Jedward, appearing way down the credits in an Adam Sandler film, appearing as Captain Hook in the pantomime "Peter Pan" in the chav shithole that is Chatham in Kent, and coming seventh in Dancing on Ice.

      However, I thought PMJ and Aubrey Logan (almost) made the song into something wonderful! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]