Saturday 9 November 2019

Two Beers are better than one



I've been busy at home as well as in the office this week, dodging the murky weather and delving way back into the archives to finally systematically check and repair my old blogs from almost a decade ago. Unfortunately back in 2010 I tended to use the demonic Photobucket to paste photos from [I thought it was a good idea, I suppose, during that long "transition" when I transferred all the blogs one-by-one from MySpace to Blogger]. Since then, of course, I refused to be held ransom to their demands for hundreds of pounds just to host my photos so I removed them all and closed the Photobucket account, leaving lots of stupid placeholders where the photos used to be...

It's laborious, but worth it, when you revisit old blogs that featured long-forgotten "Tacky Music" gems - such as this one!


Oh, to be in Spain right now.

10 comments:

  1. I used photobucket very, very briefly....but the few I did have left placeholders too. But I have no idea even what post they'd be on. I would have to go back to see, if I can even remember what the time frame was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why this is such a labour of love. I've already conquered the blog posts from 2007, 2008 and 2009, and will continue through the years - one post at a time - until (finally) I hit the point where I dropped the wicked "Bucket" and started using Google's own photo-hosting. A Herculean task. But a walk down memory lane at the same time, so not too awful... Jx

      Delete
    2. I agree. We will look back one day, in our old age and remember all the blogs.

      Delete
    3. Ah yes, there'll always be the blogs to remember us by, dear... Jx

      Delete
  2. Oh mein gott... I'm sitting on my terrace on the Mediterranean Sea (in Spain, yeah) watching the fishermen fish and the tourists sunbathe as the wind blows fiercely. Thankfully, there are no one singing Polka songs about dos cervezas (they're off HAVING dos cervezas, por favor).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should head for La Carihuela, dear - you'll find loads of "oom-pah" Dutch music there... Jx

      Delete
    2. Jon:
      We really SHOULD head for La Carihuela. We are almost never in Torremolinos. However, we have a restaurant next door called La Carihula Chica. Not the same.

      Delete
    3. Close, but not quite. Jx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Más ginebra por favor!
      Más tinto de verano por favor!
      Más, Más, Más...

      Roll on February.
      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]