Sunday 17 November 2019

Wedgie time!

Sharing the big day with a sparkling array of luminaries such as the sadly-missed Fenella Fielding, Rock Hudson, RuPaul, Field Marshal Montgomery ("Monty"), Martin Scorsese, Auberon Waugh, "father of method acting" Lee Strasberg, Jonathan Ross, Peter Cox of Go West, Gordon Lightfoot, Danny DeVito, Jack Vettriano and (ahem) Sarah Harding of Girls Aloud, it would have been the (82nd) birthday today of the comic genius Peter Cook.

Coincidentally, as I am (finally, after two years) ploughing my way through a "clean-up" of old blog posts to restore photos (and often videos) that were casualties of deleting my Photobucket account, I stumbled across this one (from October 2010) - which I am re-posting by way of a tribute to the great man...
It's a, it's a, it's a... Wedge?



Now here is an oddity...

"Drimble Wedge and the Vegetations" was an inspired "Swinging Sixties" creation of Messrs Cook and Moore. Does anyone else think this may have been an influence on Mr Neil Tennant?

Bizarre - and I still love it!

6 comments:

  1. If not for the darn over head talking in the clip...this is a groovy ditty for this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The over head talking"? That is the song... Jx

      Delete
  2. That's blast from my past. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a touch of Neil Tennant there especially with Dudley Moore in that silver suit.

    and it also reminded me of that song -

    You Love me
    You hate me
    I don't care

    Peter Cook & Dudley Moore obviously were far more influential on today's music than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh - it does sound a bit like Kazaky - Love! Now you have me imagining Pete & Dud in stilettos... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]