Wednesday 13 November 2019

Say oh oh oh, say oh oh oh!



Just because I heard this song on Trevor Nelson's Radio 2 show on Monday, I felt I had to feature one of our favourite video clips ever here at Dolores Delargo Towers again...


Together with Slimy Dion, I despise "Wibbler Whitney" for her legacy of overblown, strangulated melisma that pervades what laughingly passes for "singing" in the pop world today (I'm looking at you Mariah, Beyonce, Christina, Ariana, et al) - but add in the (ahem) obvious talents of dear Adam and his queeny chums, and I cannot help but smile whenever Million Dollar Bill comes on.

4 comments:

  1. Great video. Could have been YOU behind those Foster Grants! And thanks for your snark at the divas with the voices. I recently saw the video of the duet Christina did with Tony Bennett. Yes, she can belt it out, but there was no duet. He partnered with some amazing talent that clearly enjoyed the collaboration. Christina appeared to be singing by herself. I like it better when the performers seem to understand what it is they're singing about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure I could do the headscarf bit, but all that athletic choreography? Nah. I'd be the one sat in the corner with a gin, muttering.

      As for the "wibbler Xtina", it was bad enough that the talent-free GaGa partnered the poor old sod, but for him to have to share a studio at his age with the walking equivalent of a WW2 Klaxon must have been quite unsettling.

      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]