Monday 25 January 2021

Get yer neeps and tatties oot!


My kind of meat pudding

It's Burns' Night - the day when our brethren [or not if "Wee Jimmy Krankie" Sturgeon gets her way] north of the border hold parties to celebrate the great poet by eating bags of offal and sinking "the amber nectar". Not too many parties this year, methinks.

Never mind, eh? It's a far more familiar tradition round these parts - Tacky Music Monday! And here's Scotland's finest, Lulu (and her safety gays), with a bewildering number to lift our mood at this murky start to another dreary week...

"Sláinte Mhath!"

Have a good week, dear reader.

14 comments:

  1. Good 'ol Lulu! It's her take on Madonna, isn't it?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small, fierce, tarty, always surrounded by gays - yes, I guess it is! Jx

      Delete
  2. "If ye can say it's a braw brich' moonligh' nicht, then yo're all richt, ye ken." Or summat like that.
    I don't know where you found those nae-sae-wee kilted laddies, but, please, remove the sark an' braces frae the yin on the right!
    Other than that...phwoar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instead of fannying around with The Ones' make-up boxes, those "mechanics" ought to be beefing up that car's suspension!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nearest any of those queens ever got to "suspension" was a hoist in a darkroom. Jx

      Delete
    2. I'd kill her for walking over my bonnet in high heels!

      Delete
    3. Damn! Now I have to clean my keyboard.

      Delete
    4. I had a quick double-take then, and thought you were turning into Miss Elinor Dashwood at the mention of "bonnets"... Jx

      Delete
    5. Here - have a tissue. Jx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Tell me about it! Brings a whole new meaning to "duck and cover"... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]