Friday 8 January 2021

Put on your red shoes and dance the blues

That was a long, long, long week... Time for a bit of a party!

As it is "Diva Day" again - the date when two of our greatest icons Dame Shirley Bassey and David Bowie [whose death five years ago this weekend rocked the world, and still hurts] were born ten years apart - it seems only fair that we usher in the weekend in their company. First, a boppy number from her...

...and then one from him!

Have a good weekend, dear reader - Thank Disco It's Friday!

Many happy returns, Dame Shirley Veronica Bassey (born 8th January 1937)

RIP, David Robert Jones (8th January 1947 – 10th January 2016)

8 comments:

  1. I was a bit disappointed not to see David Bowie actually dancing; probably some copyright bar I suppose.
    But I did like him.In fact, I think I'll find that fabulous clip of him and Mick J. dancing in the streets...that'll cheer me up and it's much better than bloody rioting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was coping to find one of those cleverly-edited archive footage fan videos to accompany this remix, but no such luck. Jx

      Delete
  2. Have a good weekend, Jon. No doubt I will indulge myself with some Bowie music this weekend.
    I also love the Mick and Dave clip, Dinah!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BBC Radio is doing "Bowie-themed" programmes all weekend (last night on Radio 2 it was Sounds of the 80s, tomorrow it's the turn of Sounds of the 70s; and all day Sunday on Radio 6 Music, there's loads of special Bowie features) so we'll be indulging in all that, no doubt... Jx

      Delete
  3. One gone, one retired but their music remains and is immortal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. still can't get you on email, but I do have this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOBFzb83Pl0

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]