Thursday 14 January 2021

Retour aux années quatre-vingt!

Among another miscellany of fellow celebrants, including Cecil Beaton, "professional weirdo" Faye Dunaway (who is 80), Richard Briers, Bebe Daniels, Warren Mitchell, Steven Soderbergh, Jack Jones, Sir Trevor Nunn, Pierre Loti, Emily Watson, Billie Jo Spears, Yukio Mishima, Nina Ricci, Mark Antony, Dave Grohl and - erm - LL Cool J, it's the 65th birthday today of Étienne Daho, one of France's most popular (and coolest) singers of recent years - he was even immortalised by Pierre et Gilles (with a parrot), as above!

By way of celebration, let's let the man himself whisk us away to his heyday (and mine), the 1980s...

Reminder to self: must dig out that pirate shirt, sixteen-pleat two-tone pegged trousers and pixie boots...

Bonne anniversaire, Étienne Daho (born 14th January 1956)

4 comments:

  1. Damn it, French eighties women were still chic! Actually my fringe looks a bit like that now, but somehow not so chic!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paris is a byword for "chic" - if you go to the right places, of course!

      My hair used to be a bit like M Daho's in the 80s too, but it's a lot more silver nowadays... Jx

      Delete

  2. I can just see you in a pirate shirt, sixteen-pleat two-tone pegged trousers and pixie boots.
    I definitely rememberer you in stripey matelot T shirts ( without the parrot )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept all my 80s clubbing gear for years until the moths destroyed it all. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]