Wednesday 6 January 2021

Motivi per essere allegri

"John Coltrane's soprano, Adi Celantano
Bonar Colleano
Reasons to be Cheerful (Part 3)
One, two, three!"

Ever wondered who all those people were in that classic Ian Dury number?

Well, today's birthday boy is one of 'em!

Adriano Celentano [for it is he] is a true "national treasure" in Italy. The man widely credited with introducing rock'n'roll to that country in the 1950s, in his eight-decade career he has sold millions of records, appeared in numerous TV shows and movies, and worked with just about everybody who was anybody in the Italian entertainment world, from Federico Fellini to Mina Mazzini, and, of course - our Patron Saint of Neck-breaking Head Flicks herself, Raffaella Carrà!

And this, dear reader, is their finest hour - something I stumbled across many moons ago that is so gob-smacking, so brilliantly camp, it made me thankful for the invention of the internet...

Nobody has a clue what Prisencolinensinainciusol actually means, but who cares? I love it!

Adriano Celentano (born 6th January 1938)

8 comments:

  1. Oh! Groovy! Not a word I use often, so thank you for the opportunity. Blimey, it's a whole camp army!
    Nice voice.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You just made my day - fabulosa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear to gawd one day her head will fall off !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't seen her lately to see if she is in a neck brace... Jx

      Delete
  4. That was quite the spectacle! I'm going to have to bookmark this one.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]