Sunday 3 January 2021

Make my day, indeed


This is the official start of the Roaring Twenties!

It's my last day of freedom before that bastard laptop has to come back out and be dusted down, for what is undoubtedly going to be a fun-filled first week back to work in 2021 - so let's make the most of it, in the company of a new discovery here at Dolores Delargo Towers...

Waldeck (for it is he) is an Austrian former copyright lawyer-turned musician, and if that sounds unusual, then you'll probably understand why I like him. Lounge-with-a-twist, here are just a few examples of the man's creative outpourings - perfect for a Sunday, methinks!

I'm not entirely convinced all those "ladies" are actually such...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, you're right: perfect Sunday music! I might have a listen through some of Waldeck's other stuff.

    And I think you might be on to something with thoese "ladies" - I'm positive the one playing the drums is a man. Not sure about the others, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's an intriguing artist, indeed. The new album is #8, so it is a wonder I hadn't stumbled across him till recently (remarkably, thanks to Craig Charles - who we generally hate, but as a DJ plays good music - on BBC Radio 6).

      I don't know about the drummer, but at least one of the sparkly "ladies" doing backing vocals looks suspiciously like Mat Horne with slap on... Jx

      Delete
  2. Nice find, Jon! I am going to explore further and have written down his name on my pad.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope that notepad is Basildon Bond. Possibly lilac. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]