Friday 1 January 2021

Arise...

...house fave here at Dolores Delargo Towers Dame Sheila Hancock, cute motor-racing champion Sir Lewis Hamilton [who I hope will not be wearing just his skimpies to the Palace!], Dame Angela Eagle (first out-lesbian MP in the UK) and "Lydia Quigley" herself, Lesley Manville CBE.

Joining them in [a vast list of individuals, some famous, many more honoured for their services to the community and to charitable causes (in particular in response to the COVID-19 crisis)] HM The Queen's New Year Honours List 2021 are Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) jockey Bob Champion; Officers of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) Nina Wadia (of Goodness Gracious Me and Eastenders fame), actor Toby Jones, cellist Natalie Clein and screenwriter Jed Mercurio; and Members of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) singer Craig David, Sally Dynevor (Coronation Street) and footballer and pundit Jimmy Greaves.

Congratulations, all!

My Damehood is obviously still in the post.

New Year Honours List 2021 in full
New Year Honours 2021: Overseas and International List in full

10 comments:

  1. Dame Jon. Yes, it's about time. A damehood for your services to Back Passages must be imminent (I expect some went out second class as the price of first class stamps has gone up so bloody much).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it does arrive, I want no less than Her Maj herself (or perhaps Willy) to "do the sword thing". None of yer Camillas or some such substitute. Jx

      Delete
  2. I always thought damehoods were reserved for old bags, that's why I turned down mine (services to street work) a few years ago.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd cope. I quite like the "Dowager" look. Jx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. There's 1,239 of 'em - that's a lot of congratulations! Jx

      Delete
  4. Still waiting my Damehood, too! Appalling.
    But congrats to all those who got one!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day, Dame Scarlet of the Wonky Words shall arise... Jx

      Delete
  5. Dame Sheila Hancock how lovely is that, if a little overdue.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]