Wednesday 26 May 2021

Everything I’ve ever done, everything I ever do

Time, methinks, for a little trawl through some of the "newer" music that's caught my ear of late...

First up, something that's not actually new at all - it was actually released in 2018, but I only recently stumbled across it, so it's as good as. Never heard of the "hooker" before, but Gaby Amarantos is an old fave here at Dolores Delargo Towers. I love this!

By way of a complete contrast, here's a rather angry young lady - with a faboo choon, to boot:

Speaking of "old faves" - I just discovered this new one from Yelle, a band I first picked up on way back in 2009...

A brand new one from a brand new artist; how about a bit of "gay electro-go-go"? And why not?

Quite the regulars in this particular "pick of the pops" slot, Parralox have decided to take a trip on the Tubeway...

Saving the best for last, however...this is what happens when three world-conquering talents collide - one of the most fantabulosa collaborations in years (& years?)!

[Look out for the "supporting characters": one of the original Blitz Kids Princess Julia (who appeared in Visage's Fade to Grey video), Lavinia Co-op (a founder member of Bloolips drag troupe with Bette Bourne, and one of the subjects of Lexi's Riot Act trilogy) and performance artist Nando Messias...]

Wow. Just wow!

As ever, let me know your thoughts, dear reader.


PS As if little Olly weren't busy enough - guess who he's collaborating with next?!

15 comments:

  1. You can't beat It's a Sin!!
    I liked Yelle, but wasn't so convinced by Parralox - as in, please do not mess with one of my all time favourite tunes!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - "Are Friends Electric" is an all-time classic. Parralox at least tried to do something different with it, but, like everything, it's down to personal taste.

      That version of "It's a Sin" was gob-smacking! Apparently PSB did the production on it, and it shows. Jx

      Delete
    2. Oh, dear. I seem to be at odds with Ms Scarlet. This is how my take on her comment goes:

      You can't beat Are 'Friends' Electric!!
      I liked Yelle, but wasn't so convinced by Elton John and Years & Years - as in, please do not mess with one of my all time favourite tunes!
      IDVx

      P.S. Cruel Intentions is fab!

      Delete
    3. P.P.S. Parralox's Are 'Friends' Electric had me breathy-whistling along in parts - but to a speeded up Walk Like An Eqyptian. And the talky bit that starts at 1:30 reminds me - a lot - of one of Dubstar's numbers, but I can't quite put my finger on which one. I'm going to have to have a Dubstar day tomorrow...

      Delete
    4. I thought Elly'n'Olly did due respect to that song - and PSB evidently agreed. Jx

      Delete
    5. PPS Not sure about the Dubstar song - the only one of theirs I'm really familiar with is Not So Manic Now...

      Delete
    6. I've just listened to Disgraceful (the album "Not So Manic Now" comes from) and talky bit is from the end of "Week In Week Out" (the track immediately before NSMN, funnily enough).

      "Cruel Intentions" also reminds a little of Andy Bell's (with Jake Shears) "I Thought It Was You". A little...

      Delete
  2. Johnny Hooker! Who knew!!! I loved those laser tits too. That one is going on a playlist. Thanks hun. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once a Hooker, always a Hooker, dear!

      I foresee a "laser tits" Pride outfit coming on... Jx

      Delete
  3. As for Olly & Elly! Sublime! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the DJ photo. Kylie is playing non-stop in my car. Love her Disco CD. Fun for the summer. Friends Are Electric. Oh, remember when you first heard that one? My word, I feel like an oldie waxing nostalgic for the days of Benny Goodman. Sigh. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kylie? Tick.

      As for when I first heard Tubeway Army? I wrote about that back in 2009... Jx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. The makings of a decent CD/playlist there... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]