Saturday 1 May 2021

Perhaps it is quite fashionable; it hasn't gone out of style

"Hip hip hooray, the first of May - outdoor sex begins today!"

Or so the saying goes, anyway.

The nearest I got to a prick today was my second COVID jab...

An appropriate Public Service Announcement:

Have you noticed that people are still having sex?
All the denouncement had absolutely no effect
Parents and counsellors constantly scorn them
But people are still having sex and nothing seems to stop them

Do you realize that people are still having sex?
They've been told not to, perhaps they are perplexed
When you see them holding hands, they are making future plans
To engage in the activity; do you understand me?

People are still having sex
Lust keeps on lurking
Nothing makes them stop;
This AIDS thing's not working

People are still having sex;
It's been going on for quite a while
Perhaps it is quite fashionable
It hasn't gone out of style

It's a fact that people are still having sex;
It's rather obvious, it's just what one expects
The evidence is all around that everyone in every town
Has had it at one time or another in their life

At this very moment, people are still having sex
In a downtown condo or a street in the projects
Even though you can't see them, or hear their breathing sounds
Someone in this world is having sex right now

People are still having sex
People are still having sex
People are still having sex
People are still having sex

Sex, sex, sex, sex, sex...

19 comments:

  1. People are still having sex? Oh, thank goodness! As long as I don't have to, then I can get on with something that doesn't require a shower before/after...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed that the media has decided that any party exceeding the maximum number of people allowed at any pandemic event is now an "orgy" like that Norwegian one a month back with something like 88 people involved. They surely must have been buffing the grass with a few asses with that many people. Do they even have grass in Norway? All the pictures I've ever seen of it are either snow or rocky outcroppings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it ever warm enough in Norway to have outdoor sex? Hardy souls. Jx

      Delete
    2. It's depends on all the layers before you "pitch a tent", I suppose.

      I don't know if that slang travels abroad. To "pitch a tent" aside from the literal translation also means in American slang when a guy has an erection under the sheets while lying on his back.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I'm more than well aware of that phrase, my dear - but it certainly doesn't often happen in sub-zero temperatures. Jx

      Delete
    4. I have Far Northern genes...but I think they were reindeer farmers, not Vikings.Pretty hardy, either way!

      Delete
    5. Gives a whole new meaning to "horny". Jx

      Delete
    6. hahaha! But feeling antlerish doesn't have quite the same ring, does it?

      Delete
  3. "Lust keeps on lurking...." Oh thank god.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Often in the most unlikely places, in my experience. Jx

      Delete
  4. In the end it is all about dancing around a Maypole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always rewarding when you stumble across a nice big Maypole while on a walk in the park. Jx

      Delete
  5. "...round the May pole frolics Miss Prism
    Plainly not knowing its symbolism"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! What's that a quote from..? Jx

      Delete
    2. Oh, I think it's in the same book as the one I sent you the other day about the perennial pansy. I'll look it up and let you know...it's from "Verse and Worse" ...a private collection by Arnold Silcock. It might be still in print and certainly worth looking for.The scanner is not
      connected to my laptop(oooh! that sounds like a cheeky little intro at one of "those" parties!)so, from memory...

      Taboror, beat your little drum
      Things are looking decidedly rum
      For poor Mr Merrythought, dancing apart
      bells on his trousers
      Hell in his heart
      As round the May pole dances miss Prism
      Plainly not knowing its symbolism.

      Delete
    3. I've found a copy on Archive.org! That's a few hours' worth of reading lined up for me..! Jx

      Delete
  6. I think it's attributed to a Timothy Shy, but I'd need to check. Also, for similar poetic amusements, try "Verse and Worse" another clever compilation with witty explanations of why poets write like wot they do.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]