Monday 28 June 2021

Who can satisfy their lustful habit? I'm not a wabbit!


I wish.

It's been peeing down all night, and it feels more like October out there than the end of June. I certainly did not want to get out of bed for work this morning...

Never mind, eh? Among a whole raft of fellow luminaries, including Henry VIII, John Inman, Harold Evans, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, John Cusack, Richard Rodgers, Willie Whitelaw, Gilda Radner, Kathy Bates, Peter Paul Rubens, A. A. Gill, John Wesley and - erm - Elon Musk, it is the fantabulosa Mel Brooks' 95th birthday today!

On this Tacky Music Monday, I think a rather appropriate song from one of his funniest films is in order:

Here I stand, the goddess of Desire
I set men on fire
I have this power
Morning noon and night, it's drink and dancing
Some quick romancing
And then a shower
Stage door johnnies constantly surround me
They always hound me
with one request
Who can satisfy their lustful habit?
I'm not a rabbit!
I need some rest!

I'm tired
Sick and tired of love
I've had my fill of love
From below and above
Tired
Tired of being admired
Tired of love uninspired
Let's face it
I'm tired!

I've been with thousands of men
Again and again
They promise the moon
They're always coming and going
And going and coming
And always too soon!

Tired
Tired of playing the game
Ain't it a crying shame?
I'm so tired...
Goddammit, I'm tired!

I've been with thousands of men
Again and again
They sing the same tune
They start with Byron and Shelley
then jump on your belly
and bust your balloon!
Oy! [BANG!]

Tired
Tired of playing the game
Ain't it a friggin shame
I'm so...
Let's face it
Everything below the waist...is kaput!
Tired!

Have a good week, dear reader.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, what the hell happened to June? Piddling here earlier this morning as well.
    Everything below the waist is kaput! Tell me about it!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Flaming June", my arse! And now it's Wimbledon Fortnight, so that's guaranteed to be a washout... Jx

      PS I'm with Lili Von Shtupp! "Ain't it a friggin shame..?"

      Delete
  2. Well, here's to Mr Brooks! And the wonderful von Schtupp. "Always coming and going..."
    It's raining here, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...and always too soon!" We miss Madeline Kahn. A lot. Jx

      PS It's been a bit of a crap year so far - a freezing cold April, hail and sleet-storms in May, a week-and-a-bit of sunshine and warmth in June, then bugger all. Yet it seems Ms First Nations is in the midst of a record-breaking heatwave!

      Delete
    2. I know. forty-bloody-six in Vancouver!!!!

      Delete
    3. 17C in London tomorrow - it's JULY on Wednesday... Jx

      PS That's several degrees colder than Queensland in mid-winter, no doubt.

      Delete
  3. I miss her so much. I am sitting here cracking up and tearing up. This was genius. She and Cloris Leachman were his two best bets. Khan even almost managed to save Clue! Feel better, sweets. Sun is coming. We need a little rain to appreciate the sunshine... and other crap you tell yourself when life feels like it's in the crapper. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was a very sad loss indeed. Such a hugely talented woman. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]