Monday 7 June 2021

Sí, señor, aqui está, la movida


Working from home does tend to put a strain on one's back.

Where do these bloody weekends go?!

I've hardly had time to adjust to "me time", and suddenly... work again. Groan.

Never mind, eh? With the current spell of warm weather (cloudy or otherwise), our thoughts inevitably turn to Spain - but, as we're currently unable to go there, or indeed anywhere at the moment, on this Tacky Music Monday let's wallow in a tribute (of sorts) to its joys [courtesy of a French band, performing in front of a ghastly backdrop and looking as if they had never even been to the place they're singing about]...

Almost woke me up.

Have a good week, dear reader...

14 comments:

  1. I don't think it's just the weekends that fly by - whole months seem to pass me by without me noticing.
    Hmmm....this video makes me realise how talented Bananarama really were.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This lot make the Fast Food Rockers seem like Abba by comparison! Jx

      Delete
    2. I don't remember that at all! Sounds like it'd give me aural indigestion.
      Sx

      Delete
    3. Count yourself lucky, Ms Scarlet! Jx

      Delete
  2. GGOD GRIEF! I almost didn't recognize MJ in that position!!!!

    Now that I can set my hours and have lie ins, I don't seem to mind Mondays anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe this video was done at a kiosk at 'the mall'. As for the song? Well, I think I know where it came from, too... but it's not polite to talk about in public. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely no expense spent on the video, I agree! But then, why would they bother to put lipstick on a pig? Jx

      Delete
  4. That typist's face has a look of Margo Ledbetter about her. I know it's not Margo though, as she'd never have a sheepskin rug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks more like a young Katie Boyle, but a) Caterina Irene Elena Maria Imperiali dei Principi di Francavilla, later Lady Saunders, would never possess a sheepskin rug either, and b) her famously huge boobs would have made typing impossible at that angle. Jx

      Delete
  5. I'm sure you're the only one who has played this choon in the last 30 years. The band must be very grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasantly surprised, I would imagine, as my - ahem - legion of followers boost their streaming "hits". Wait for it - it'll hit Tik Tok before you know it, and they'll be a viral phenomenon... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]