Sunday 6 June 2021

Hold on a minute...

Yesterday's Wandavision-binge-watch-party at John-John's was indeed a mammoth session - we started the series at about 2pm, and even after watching all nine episodes the party continued till late - I ended up getting home by taxi at around 2am, and was still "fired up" so didn't actually get to bed till 4am...

It's been a bit of a slow day. However, I did finally get around to re-potting two of our old Salvia Amistad that were looking very sorry for themselves, and one of them is now paired in a trough with the brand new S. verticillata we brought back from our visit to Essex so the day wasn't exactly wasted.

My pottering was been accompanied, as always, by the mellow tones of BBC Radio 2, and the fact that today would have been 85th birthday today of Mr Levi Stubbs - the lead singer of The Four Tops for almost fifty years - gives me a perfect excuse to feature a "Sunday music" classic:

Phenomenal.

Levi Stubbs (born Levi Stubbles, 6th June 1936 – 17th October 2008)

10 comments:

  1. Blimey, someone get that poor man a towel to wipe his brow! What a great voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those fabulous coordinated "suited-and-booted" outfits worn the classic R&B/soul vocal groups may have looked great, but I imagine they must have been bloody hot to wear on stage... Jx

      Delete
  2. Seriously... one of my all-time favorite songs. I adore this version. Also LOVE Barry White's. Thank you for sharing. Glad you had such a marvelous time, dear one. You deserve a bit of joy! Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a superb song, and superb production - I love it! Jx

      Delete
  3. Wonderful sounds. Excellent plants (Oh yeah I went right onto google/images and took a look. NIIIIIIICE) And Wandavision too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're looking forward to seeing the new Salvia in all its splendour! At last, the garden is beginning to take off in earnest. It's about three weeks behind where it would normally be by now. Jx

      Delete
  4. Crikey, I haven't had a 'til 4am' session for tooo long. I will plan one.
    I love that hung over Sunday vibe.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely get hangovers - basically because I am rarely sober! Jx

      Delete
  5. Ooh, WandaVision! I want to watch it, but I'll have to go to my sister's to do so. Which means spending even more time with her. Although, she does have wine and gin...

    Great song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worth every second in order to see Wandavision - I was completely blown away by it!

      Wine and gin helps. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]