Tuesday 5 October 2021

Children behave

My Heavens! The feisty "Mall Rat" and teen idol Tiffany was 50 years old last weekend!

Her most famous (and infectious) hit was, however, not her exclusive "property" - another musical "outsider" (and house fave here at Dolores Delargo Towers) got there a whole decade before her:

...which she also sang in Japanese!

Others have had a go since, inevitably. Here's a solo piano version by a "Postmodern maestro":

The inevitable string quartet version:

...and one of Britain's biggest girl-bands made the song a hit all over again in 2006:

Of course, it is wise to remember that despite all these variations on a theme, the song itself was originally a hit for this set of '60s groovers:

And, finally, the lady herself!

Many happy returns, Tiffany Renee Darwish (born 2nd October 1971)

6 comments:

  1. Tiffany seems to be in good company - if not a tribe - of fellow Alone singers!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing how popular certain songs are... Jx

      Delete
  2. Tiff had a magnificent voice... it was a shame she got dismissed so quickly. Her pipes were awesome. But the song belongs to Lene. I adored her so much. That iconic look. And she could be so... out there. I've never seen this vid and I must say she is a striking looking human. Thanks for sharing this. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - Lene Lovich was a unique performer, and quite rightly remains a "cult favourite". We love her! Jx

      Delete
  3. I remember when I was a child going on a car journey to the Sheffield ice arena with my friend and his family and being forced to listen to his sister's Tiffany album, the return journey home was even worse, The Best of Matchbox, if you please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't recall Matchbox ever having a "Best". "Least worst" might be more appropriate. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]