Friday 1 October 2021

Happiness; it should be loneliness

Heavens! This has been a fucking week-and-a-half, work-wise...

As we slide majestically towards the weekend that promises a blessed relief from such nonsense-that-pays-the-bills, another bizarre convoluted connection awaits. Earlier this week, I spotted news articles mourning the death of one Andrea Martin. I'd never heard of her - apparently she was the songwriter behind a clutch of songs for the likes of En Vogue, Toni Braxton, Angie Stone, Leona Lewis and their ilk - and I needed to investigate further.

And so it was that I discovered that one of her own songs, the single Share the Love, was the principal sample that - in the hands of a German DJ/remixer - ended up as this brilliant banger from way back in 2003!

I loved it then; I love it now.

Thank Disco(?) it's Friday!

Have a fantabulosa weekend, peeps!

13 comments:

  1. Cheers!!!!!! Loved that song...wasnt aware of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh. It was a massive Number 1 hit here, but on checking Wikipedia it doesn't even seem to have been released in the US for some strange reason... Jx

      Delete
  2. I don't remember it at all!!
    I guess you've figured that I'm not a pure disco fiend! I'm especially unaware of most of it after 2000.
    Anyhow, have a fabulous weekend, despite the awful weather.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I somehow can't imagine you being of the "Rave Generation". No light-sticks and Day-Glo makeup Chez Scarlet!

      The forecast is utterly foul for tomorrow - and I'm off to my friend John-John's in the East End to watch a marathon sitting of Marvel's Loki, so I'm likely to get drenched getting there and back. Hey ho. Jx

      Delete
  3. Like Scarlet, but a tad older (simper...)I'm not of the disco set.
    But every once in a while a few chords resonate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you have a pair of glitter hot-pants and a lurex crop-top lurking at the back of your wardrobe... Jx

      Delete
    2. Nope! I did wear mini skirts, but NEVER lurex.Nasty, scratchy stuff

      Delete
    3. The 60s and 70s were the last word in horrid fabrics - when I am in a charity shop and my hand brushes against anything made of Crimplene, it sets my teeth on edge. And then there's Brentford Nylons bedding - oh, the sparks! Jx

      Delete
  4. Hope you're having a lovely time. I had a stressful Friday, as I went into the office for the third time in a year and a half. I don't plan on going back now until I absolutely have to... working from home is the best. So... an upside to Covid? Hmmm. Doesn't seem very compassionate, but whoomp, there it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite the opposite. The office is my place of work, my home is my home, and I have been going into the office at least twice a week for several months to remind myself of that fact. I eventually intend to increase the number of days to ensure that separation is fully realised. Jx

      Delete
  5. How interesting!
    Love this track tons and it still stands up well today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way the singer drops her H's so that -
      Happiness becomes A-piness, childish I know but it amuses me.

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]