Friday 29 July 2022

With a little understanding, you can find the perfect blend

And so, farewell then, Neighbours, one of the most successful things to come out of Australia since Dame Edna Everage!

A hugely popular soap right from the beginning in the 1980s, its sunshine and wholesomeness regularly attracted viewing figures in the multi-millions, and launched the careers of stars such as Guy Pearce, Natalie Imbruglia, the Hemsworth brothers (Chris and Liam), Margot Robbie, Delta Goodrem and Jesse Spencer...

...and this pair of "one-hit wonders":

Thank Disco Ramsey Street It's Friday!

G'Day, Cobbers!

8 comments:

  1. I feel like I missed out as I never saw it as I was at work! I remember my boss being slightly disturbed by Kylie though.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never a regular viewer either - too fucking busy, or vice versa (to quote Dorothy Parker) - but it had its moments, not least the perpetually semi-clad boys... Jx

      Delete
  2. Gosh wasn't it a long time ago.
    I must admit that I was more of a 'Sons and Daughters' fan at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gawd, I have that theme tune stuck in my head, now. Jx

      Delete
    2. I refuse to click on the theme tune link. As you know, I've been having some bad luck with tunes lately.

      Delete
    3. I'll just say four words: I Love To Love.

      Hee hee. Jx

      Delete
  3. I clicked on the Jason Donovan video and thought I had been Rick Rolled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where Stock, Aitken and Waterman were concerned, there were a helluva lot of similarities between the songs they produced - Jason, Rick, Kylie, Mel & Kim, Sonia, Hazell Dean, Sinitta, Bananarama, and even Donna Summer all followed the "Hit Factory formula" - but for the best part of a decade, there was rarely a week when at least one of their productions was in the charts... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]