Thursday 21 July 2022

We're So Lovely

To alleviate the slings and arrows of what has been a bit of a gruelling week so far - what with the untypical 35-40C temperatures that swept over London on Monday and, particularly, Tuesday, and work, which has been a bastard - it is an opportune moment, methinks, for a little exploration of some of the "newer" musical discoveries that have caught my ear of late...

...and now that Auntie Beeb has unceremoniously dispensed with fave radio shows such as Ana Matronic's, I have even had to resort to discovering a lot of these all by myself! Such as......

...a camp little Pride number (albeit a tad late for our own London celebrations):

A rather catchy (and very welcome) return to form from a "house fave" band:

A couple of "classical" numbers that might be more familiar than one might expect:

And now for something completely different. As the video's blurb says - "What if Gypsy Woman was released five years earlier, in 1987...in Italy?".It's brilliantly done:

Now, saving the best to last...

Can a dance choon and video get any gayer?!

...and then there's this - the very, very welcome return of those honorary members of the homosexualist Royal Family, French and Saunders Keren and Sarah!

As ever, dear reader - let me know your thoughts...


STOP PRESS:

I forgot to include this one...

8 comments:

  1. I know work sucks, but I hope they at least have air conditioning. Sweltering whilst working is unbearable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Peenee - the office itself was chilled to perfection while it was 40C outside! It's just the rest of it that was a pain in the arse. Jx

      Delete
  2. A musical feast. Apparently work hasn’t changed in recent years. I remember it being a bastard, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the musical selection, Mitch!

      Yes, work - no matter how much technology advances - is a drudge most of the time. I have often commented: "It would be so much better if we didn't have to deal with other people." Jx

      Delete
  3. Honorary members of the homosexualist Royal Family, ( not French and Saunders) Keren and Sarah!
    I thought it was 'Las Seventies'

    The 'Daddy Squad' were fabulous. Gives one hope for the future of Gaydom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Las Seventies and Bananarama - never seen in he same room at the same time, you notice? Jx

      Delete
  4. As I missed this at the time (thanks for today's reminder), I thought I'd better give it a go now:

    Osvaldo's voice is too whiny for me - I only managed to get about half way through, which is a shame as otherwise I rather liked this one.

    I think I like the Hot Chip number. I think? I'm going to have to give it another couple of goes to be sure.

    Caroline Shaw and The Anarchy Arias - Nope! Sorry, not for me. The Italian "Gypsy Woman", on the other hand, is - Such Fun! #Miranda'sMum

    Speaking of: "We're So Lovely" really is such fun! Although I think it might need the video as I imagine the song on it's own may not hold my attention. But I haven't got time to check as Bananarama are on now!

    Wow! They've still got it, haven't they?! Favourite so far! In fact, having just listened to the fab Parralox & Marcella Detroit, Bananarama are my overall favourite. Just.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed (some of) the selection, Mr DeVice!

      Bananarama are pretty damned good (especially considering they're both in their sixties, now), aren't they? Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]