Saturday 9 July 2022

Rev it up, woo!

OMG. I feel old...

Today is - unbelievably - the 65th birthday of Peter Mark Sinclair "Marc" Almond OBE [often simply known round these parts as "God"]!

It seems like only yesterday that we were pointy-dancing in the clubs to this...

Indefatigable as always, despite setback after setback thanks to the dreaded 'Rona, our Patron Saint is back on the road on an extensive tour up and down the UK this year. Among the hits on offer is bound to be this fantastic classic from his back-catalogue - but not in this mash-up version, courtesy of house faves Parralox!

As featured here back in March, he's also found time to go back to the studios with his on-off chum Dave Ball [and Pet Shop Boys], and released a new Soft Cell album, to boot! From it, here's the new single:

Nostalgia Machine? Too fucking right!

Many happy returns, Marc Almond (born 9th July 1957)!

[click any pic to embiggen]

16 comments:

  1. I always found him very adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! A genuine person, and - if the rumours are to be believed - hung like the proverbial donkey... Jx

      Delete
  2. I love it when someone starts saying something, and then goes off in a completely unexpected direction before they've even finished the sentence.

    I mean, those are both very heartening things to learn...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, I have absolutely no idea what you're on about. Jx

      Delete
  3. "Can this man corrupt a nations youth?" - I expect he took that as a challenge?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only 65! How wonderful. He's a good 15 years left in him. Hook up the sling and I'll be right there! Adore that man. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Feeling sleazy
      In seedy sin city
      Feeling sleazy
      In seedy sin city"


      Indeed. Jx

      Delete
  5. I love the extended version of Tainted Love - just reminds me of being up the pub and singing with my friend who had yet come to terms with being gay.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume he's overcome the fear by now? Jx

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, all his friends were waiting for him to come out, but his dad disowned him. Lovely bloke, he used to read my Tarot cards and tell me I was oozing everywhere!
      Sx

      Delete
    3. I can but hope that his father died lonely and friendless. Jx

      PS There's a Tarot card for "oozing"? How nice.

      Delete
  6. I adore everything about this man and everything he has ever done!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]