Friday 4 August 2023

I must be dreaming

It's been a busy week - Saturday we were at the fabulosa DIVA exhibition, on Sunday we braved the elements to go to Kew Gardens, and on Wednesday we saw the superb 40th anniversary revival of La Cage Aux Folles at the Open Air Theatre in Regent's Park (more on that later, no doubt)!

I'll be very glad for a rest...

...but first, it's time to whop out yer castanets, wiggle yer maracas - and Gracias Disco ¡Ya es viernes!

Vamos a jugar en el sol
Todos los días son días de fiesta
Vamos a jugar en el sol
Todos los días son días de fiesta

Something about camisoles in a Ford Fiesta, I think.

Have a good weekend, dear reader!

12 comments:

  1. I am so ready to shake my maracas and slap my castanets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After your busy week I'M ready for a lie down!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness me, however did I make it through a 3-day week. Now this weekend I have to forward to a nice pool party with some refreshing beverages and just in time it's supposed to be a hot one here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you live such a charmed life, Mads. Jx

      Delete
  4. I want a white suit like the creeper in the video! I want to whap people with a rose! Arriba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually shudder when the synth geeks behind the music insist on appearing in the video, looking like, well, synth geeks, really. However I loved the bit at the very end when they did the tribute to the Morecambe and Wise "skip dance". Jx

      Delete
  5. Camisoles in a Ford Fiesta...Que?? Well, that's something to look forward to. I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's what it sounds like to me, anyhow. Jx

      Delete
  6. Have always loved the track but have not seen the video before.
    It would be better without the geeks but the dancer was fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the more impetus to start thinking about booking our next trip to Spain! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]