Sunday 27 August 2023

There must be an angel playing with my...


She must be singing about him...

Finishing off this busy month of 60th birthday celebrations, including the DIVA exhibition, La Cage Aux Folles, and of course our faboo trip to Amsterdam, today should have been our traditional picnic in Regent's Park - but there were dramatic thunderstorms yesterday and there is a risk of more rain later, so we are instead "gathering the clans" in the grandest of all Wetherspoons, the converted City bank The Crosse Keys near the Bank of England. Should be fun!

Meanwhile, about that angel...

I have no idea who the fuck Sarah McLachlan is (and I have never heard this song before in my life), but I bet my shirt she does not, and will never have, a voice like this!

Trust our "house band" to get the best divas in town on board:

Perfect "Sunday Music".

14 comments:

  1. I know who Sarah McLachlan is. The original is beautiful and gentle. I have never EVER heard a better version than this. I have a feeling Sarah McLachlan would agree. Wow. Wow. Wow. I just listened to it three times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah Potenza has a formidable set of pipes! Apparently she's appeared on both America's got Talent and The Voice. It's a mystery why she's not even more famous. Jx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the intro. I'll be looking her up.

      Delete
  2. Sarah Potenza also did a brilliant cover of Huey Lewis's The Power of Love with the Jukebox boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, McLachlan had several big songs...In Your Shoes, Sweet Surrender, I Will Remember You , Fallen , Building a Mystery. I think she was big into Lillith Fair for a couple years too. I was more a KDLang fan myself.

    But love Sarsh Potenza too She's a lot of woman, and has the presence of legendary big boned drag queens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked, and Ms McLachlan was apparently the vocalist on Silence by Delirium, which was massive in 2000, but she didn't have any hits here as a solo artist.

      I imagine Ms Potenza would be thrilled to be compared to a drag queen! 😁. Jx

      Delete
  4. Ah - this is yesterday's post so not doubt you are still in bed recovering?!!
    Hope you had a grand time!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just what I was thinking, Ms Scarlet!

      Delete
    2. You are quite correct, I have not long staggered out for my first fag. I was, however woken yet again at 8am by the elephant toddler upstairs. Which pleased me immensely. Jx

      Delete
  5. I made some enquiries, and it seems that the "dramatic thunderstorms" were supposed to be taking place tonight as a Grand Finale to your birthday holiday, but someone got the timings wrong. I don't know if an apology will be issued?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a word...

      Today seems to be perfect picnic weather, ironically enough. Jx

      Delete
  6. OMFG what a voice, that and the GIF, I am in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite the diva. I was gob-smacked! Jx

      PS you approve of our latest houseboy? He's good at low dusting, what with those wings and all...

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]