Monday 28 August 2023

Although I search myself, it's always someone else I see


Probably fell off those boots.

Oh, dear. Poor old Dame Elton John's in hospital after a fall at his villa...

As it is my last day of freedom before the madness of work kicks in again tomorrow after a lovely nineteen-day break, we need something sparkly and joyful on this Tacky Music Bank Holiday Monday!

Fitting the bill in a most appropriate manner, here's the estimable combination of Cher and the Pointer Sisters with a "get well soon card" for Sir Elton!

Have a great day, dear reader, whatever you do - it's the last bank holiday till Xmas!

8 comments:

  1. Is this from the seventies? Looks more fun than now! All the feathers!
    Have a good day, I can’t believe how fast those 19 days went by.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I - but all those feathers help to soften the blow. Jx

      Delete
  2. Good to know he went home quickly. Sorry your 19-day break is over, but what a break you had (unlike Elton).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a blast! It's flown by.

      Yes, it is good news that Elt didn't break anything (except maybe one of his many pairs of glasses?)... Jx

      Delete
  3. Back to work? Booooo!!! Maybe borrow one of the Pointer Sisters' outfits to brighten things up a bit? (I don't think Cher's salmon pink - or whatever colour that is - version would suit our skin tone. Well, certainly not my pallid flesh, anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be wearing mourning vestments, not feathers, fouff and faff tomorrow morning. Jx

      Delete
  4. Glad Sir Elton is OK. My daughter loves him and once went to school as him. (for "music day.")

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]