Thursday, 20 August 2026

Nieuwe muziek om van te genieten

Having come in from the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers, a) because a blanket of cloud has loomed in and there is rain forecast, and b) because I'm almost out of compost so can't embark on any more (much-needed) potting-on until I get to B&M for a new bag - I think it's time for another selection of choons that have caught my ear of late:

First up, a welcome (and unexpected) return of a fave diva, who doesn't seem to have stopped working since her first single hit the charts 62 years ago:

The new single from Soft Cell's forthcoming final album [to be released as a tribute to the late Dave Ball] Danceteria is simply fab, as one would expect:

It's so good to see 80s heartthrob Nick Heyward and the original members of the band together again - and that he's still looking so handsome, at (gulp) 65:

DJ Cummerbund's latest mash-up is yet another wonderful conglomeration of unexpected artists - and that "ginger guinea-pig" Ed Sheeran never sounded so good (mainly because he isn't in it much)!

Artists featured:
  1. Ringo Starr & his friends
  2. The other Beatles
  3. Ed Sheeran
  4. Randy “Macho Man” Savage
  5. Baby Sinclair
  6. Shakira
  7. Earl Sinclair
  8. Fran Sinclair
  9. Sebastian
  10. Robbie Sinclair
  11. Flounder
  12. Some Muppets
  13. Charlene Sinclair
  14. Ariel

Our latest fave pop diva is getting a bit fruity - in a lift!

And, saving the best to last... the collaboration we've all been waiting for, as the Queen of Fucking Everything and Our Princess finally duet! And to think, had we been in Amsterdam a week earlier, we might have been able to see this...

...and this mix for the single release is just pure class:

As ever, dear reader, I'd love to hear your thoughts...

12 comments:

  1. Oh I’ll look forward to listening to these tomorrow. Kylie seems to be featuring everywhere right now!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lulu never slows down either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's an inspiration to us all, Dinah! 77, and still going strong... Jx

      Delete
  3. I remember how wild I was about Lulu in her To Sir with Love days, 60 years ago. It has been a long strange trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she was wild about you, too, Peenee! Jx

      Delete
  4. Lulu still sounds great! I’m going to spend the day in the elevator. Here’s hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lulu sounds great, but as I listened, I realized this was a version of Lara Fabian's "I Will Love Again" will the lyrics changed a bit. I just bought her new box set of all the tracks (remixes ad nauseam) off her "Independence" album plus extra goodies included.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to check out Lara Fabian - she never had any hits over here in the UK, so I was unfamiliar with her music - and yes, indeed, there are similarities!

      When you mentioned a box set of Lulu tracks, I thought "heavens, that must be a massive box", given her long career. Good job it was only her Independence era, otherwise it might have broken the bank! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]