Friday 4 January 2019

Imagine how the world could be, so very fine



It may be a short week, but - after all the fun and japes and excesses of the party season, I feel like these past couple of days back in the office have sucked the very soul out of me.

Still, let's forget about that. It'll all be over in a few hours, and we need to get ourselves ready for the weekend! Who better to provide our entertainment but the recently departed Daryl Dragon - "The Captain" of Captain and Tennille? [RIP]

Charge your glasses, darlings, and let's raise a toast to the eternal cheesiness he and Toni brought into our lives... and (of course), Thank Disco It's Friday!


Have a faboo weekend, dear reader.

6 comments:

  1. Well that gets us well prepared for The Greatest Dancer on Saturday.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the BBC's "forthcoming television highlights" page last night. It depressed me. Is there nothing else but "reality TV" shit occupying the tiny minds of our broadcasters these days? It's either that kind of soul-destroying rubbish or else some over-hyped melodrama/horror-passing-as-entertainment starring someone that the tabloids will immediately describe as "the next James Bond". Sigh. Jx

      Delete
  2. Down in this outpost of Empire, we are fed endless repeats. I think it's the Govt, hand-in-glove with cable companies-they want everyone to buy a CETI thingy for the rooftop and then the taxpayers' $ can be funnelled into another pay rise.
    But I cheered up w little bit when I remembered what a friend called Tenille. She thought the name was Chenille.Liked it so much she named her daughter Chenille...I wonder if anyone has ever told her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like something out of an episode of Kath'n'Kim! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]