Wednesday 24 July 2019

Linked


A man has left his full-time job to spend his nine-to-five working week trying to get ahead of his LinkedIn notifications.

Stephen Malley came home after a day’s work to find more than 500 accumulated messages from the networking giant and realised that something had to give.

He said: “It wasn’t fair to LinkedIn to carry on the way we were doing. And it’s trying so hard to help me.

“I was waking up in a cold sweat realising that I’d forgotten a former colleague’s work anniversary, or that I’d not endorsed my mate Dave’s skills in E-Commerce.

“Now I’m watching recruiters’ stories, reading top tips from CEOs the moment they’re released, and I know the minute someone’s looking at my profile.

“This must be working wonders for my career prospects. Apart from that I’m unemployed now.”


A LinkedIn spokesman said “Nobody escapes LinkedIn. Even if you change your name and move to a cabin in Siberia, we’ll send someone to find you and tell you that your ex-boss has changed their role title.”
The Daily Mash

Of course.

6 comments:

  1. One of the few social media sites I managed to escape completely. Thank goodness.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't bother if I were you. It is utterly pointless. Jx

      Delete
  2. I did well in avoiding the wretched thing...until my vet's site was hacked and the floodgates opened.I still get an occasional email, but the the "spam" button is my friend.
    American Express is also a nuisance. They never bothered me, years ago, as I certainly didn't have their kind of money! But once the world discovered the "information highway" and had the bloody paper clip to help them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble is that LinkedIn's endless "People you may know" and other spume never goes to the junk mail folder... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]