Saturday 27 July 2019

¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba!



The weather's all back-to-front again - hot and (sometimes) sunny during the week while we're chained to our desks, then damp and mizzly on the weekend. Typical bloody Britain.

Hey ho, here's something to cheer us all up - some perfect holiday music, courtesy of The Mariachis!


Originally assembled as a combo in an advertising campaign for those awful cardboard-with-added-chilli tortilla "snacks" Doritos, they have apparently gone down a storm ever since as the inevitable "novelty act" at a succession of festivals, including Glastonbury!

Being a determined commercial-telly-ad-break-avoider, I had never previously heard of them. Until today, when Our Jen pointed me in the direction of this faboo cover - of The Human League...


¡Está increíble!

10 comments:

  1. Ha! "Don't You Want Me" is hilarious!! I might have to listen to it again.

    As for the weather - I'm glad it's cooled down, and the damp mizzliness has kept me ensconced in the kitchen where I have created a dish like no other! (well, like one other actually, but that won't see the light of day for another 274 years...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know you were a potter. Jx

      Delete
    2. Stoneware or earthenware? Or perhaps a refined porcelain number?
      Mr Devine is a man of many talents.
      Sx

      Delete
    3. I reckon bone china. With lustre glaze. Jx

      Delete
    4. You'll never know now, as the shirtless ghost of Patrick Swayze put me off when he sidled up behind me and kept trying to guide my hands over the thick, wet, clay. I gave up and went for a lie down, while he continued spinning my wheel!

      Delete
    5. All together now...
      "Oh, my love, my darling
      I've hungered, for your touch
      A long, lonely time
      Time goes by so slowly
      And time can do so much
      Are you still mine?
      I need your love
      I need your love
      God speed your love to me"


      Jx

      Delete
  2. I think I prefer this version of Don't You Want Me!!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly a different perspective on it! Jx

      Delete
  3. They are a great find.
    Thanks Jen.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]