Monday 29 July 2019

Nothing to do with Trump, gott sei dank


The enormous, beautiful and exquisitely scented Orienpet Lily "On Stage" in the extensive gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers.

Oh bugger. The weather's been utterly lovely today, while we were in work...

Never mind, eh? It's still a Tacky Music Monday, and I have another treat in store. Those creative geniuses at Soft Tempo Lounge recently posted a perfect video for their particular brand of easy listening - a remarkable "ballet" number with the cheesiest-of-cheesy scores, as only ever encountered in the 1970s:


I think I might just have gone one better. The piece is lifted from a German Saturday night telly extravaganza Musik ist Trumpf ("Music is trumps") hosted by Peter Frankenfeld, which ran from 1975 to 1981. And, lo and behold, I have found the entire segment!

Prepare to be blown away in a flurry of chiffon, unusual hairdos, operetta, shonky sets, schlager music, and some of the least attractive "safety gays" ever [and watch out for the perpetually-bored audience]...


I adore it! I think I am going to have to get a lime-green-and-purple maxi dress now.

PS wherever is Thombeau? He'd love this.

12 comments:

  1. I always wanted to flounce around in a floaty frock. Sigh.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late... Jx

      Delete
    2. I don't think I can do the splits anymore.
      Sx

      Delete
    3. Ha! - Are you listening to Elton John on Radio 2? It was playing when I read your comment!
      Sx

      Delete
    4. On weekday mornings I am a Radio 4 girl - what did I miss? Jx

      Delete
    5. When I read your comment 'It's never too late', at the exact same moment Zoe Ball was playing 'Never too late' by Elton John! Spooky.
      Sx

      Delete
    6. You sounded just like Dame Edna, then. Jx

      Delete
  2. I want one of those floaty frocks from the first video, too. A blue one, please!
    I'm now about to watch the second video...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wafty frocks-a-go-go! Jx

      PS It's one of the best scented lilies we've grown so far...

      Delete
  3. At just 50 seconds long I did feel rather cheated by the first video thank heavens for the second.
    What a joy !
    Proper singing by a lady in a lovely blue frock, followed by a host of lovely frocks all waltzing around with a bevy of very earnest 'safety gays' of a certain age.
    I did spot at least one member of the audience that seemed to be enjoying it though so for me the icing on the cake has to be the very bored / depressed drummer at the opening.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]