Monday 8 July 2019

One. Great. Day.






Six-and-a-half hours stood waiting for/watching the parade, with champers, family, friends, and photos galore (pic#5 was from The Telegraph, and #6 with the Mayor of London made the website of none other than The Sun!); the feeling that we were being applauded more by the parade than the other way around - and, despite all the fucking corporates hogging the limelight, and despite the fact we never got to march because of the childish and restrictive rules on wristbands and registration, we had one of the best (certainly the most stress-free) Gay Prides ever!

On this Tacky Music Monday, let's have something in the camp-Gothic style that was our costume theme this year - from a lady who was actually in attendance on Saturday (on the Amazon float), Miss Saara Aalto!


Monsters? How very dare you.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! And I love that jacket!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rather fab, isn't it? Everybody looked utterly splendid, methinks... Jx

      Delete
  2. I was going to ask if the dishy number in shot #5 was the Mayor. Shan't bother now!
    You all look , to quote a certain someone"absolutely fab-oo."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the headdress she's wearing, the one shaking hands with Shere Khan. Exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a little bit of everything - sparkles, lace, devil horns, skulls... We don't do things by halves in our gang! Jx

      Delete
  4. We did have such a fabulous time, though my feet haven't quite recovered yet. Flop-flop Pride next year ;-)). Hils xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always concoct and carry off such fabulous costumes! I wonder if I could get away with something like that for work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a crow-on-a-hat would break the ice at most meetings. Jx

      Delete
  6. Oh my....I have a case of dry mouth from viewing such outstanding costume ensembles!!!!! As your aware anything with a plume or feather and I'm done. Brava dear! The fourth and fifth pictures are simply amazing. I'd gladly slip into your friends ensemble, as I go more female for these events. So glad you had a great time despise your pre worries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our gang would be hard pushed NOT to enjoy ourselves at Gay Pride - resentment about the organisers or not. It's as much fun being waved at by the paraders as it is to walk the walk, we've decided. And more booze can be consumed! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]