Friday 26 July 2019

It's your time to be a star



Weekend. Payday. Gin. Three little words that make life soooo much better.

As we hurtle into the maelstrom of partying, shopping and other oh-so-stressful activities that will occupy our lives for the next 48 hours, why not let the lovely Miss Gwen McCrae [who I went to see live on stage back in 2011] ramp up the happy mood - and Thank Disco It's Friday!


Everybody that's on the dancefloor
I want you to put your hands together
And just smoothe your hips from side to side
(Keep the fire burning)
Yeah, that's it, you got it, hmmm-mmm

Now, mister DJ (Keep the fire burning)
I want you to countdown with
It's your time to be a star
(Keep the fire burning)
Ooh ooh ooh
Yeah, can you feel it?

You gotta write it, baby
(Keep the fire burning)
(Keep the fire burning)
Yeah, it's good to me
(Keep the fire burning)
I know you feel it somehow


Oh yes, Gwen! We do.

6 comments:

  1. "Weekend. Payday. Gin." - Snap!

    I've just realised that I've managed to miss an entire week's worth of your posts, so I'm about to remedy that by staggering back in time clutching my second double (and possibly a bit more) G&T!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gin is essential, dear, for such a stagger. Clink, clink. Jx

      Delete
  2. weekend & gin in this house; payday is next week. SHAKE THAT GROOVE THANG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My groove thang is well and truly shaken, sweetie! Jx

      Delete
  3. Damn it. No gin here. Or whisky. I'll just have to crack open that bottle of vintage champagne...
    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]