Friday 3 January 2020

Beyond the stratosphere, you just wanna go up


We've entered the new Roaring Twenties!

It's still that "weird bit", where the year doesn't feel like it's quite started - I am on leave, as are many, many people, judging by the queues in Morrisons yesterday - but it's still the end of a week, dear reader, and to celebrate that we need to get dancing!

One of the many entries in our "Book of the Dead" for 2019 was one Philippe Zdar. Not the most familiar of names, one has to admit; however, over the years he produced albums by Air, Hot Chip, Franz Ferdinand and - ahem - the Beastie Boys, among many others. His most-remembered work is probably this choon from his band Cassius, a massive dancefloor hit at the end of the millennium:


On researching the long musical history of Cassius, however, I stumbled across this one (and with a fab video, to boot), which is probably more befitting of this end-of-the-week slot.

So, let's get on with the party - and Thank Disco It's Friday!


Have a good one, dears.

6 comments:

  1. It’s hard to believe the Roaring Twenties, when my parents were born, were 100 years ago! May these 20s not roar so loud. Pharrell Williams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I a huge fan of Cassius!!!!!! Nice to hear than today. I bid you adieu my sweets. Im taking a h hiatus for the month and be back sometime in Febuary. Hold done the fort dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiatus? Isn't that some kind of hernia?

      You will be missed, dear... Jx

      Delete
  3. I never really liked "Cassius 1999", but "Go Up" is great! The video is rather clever, too. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]