Friday 10 January 2020

Magic shoes and a diamond spangle



Oh, thank heavens - the weekend is looming! This first week back after the Festering Season has felt like the longest of my life...

We have Our Jimothy's birthday bash tonight, so what better way to start the party than with an old favourite from Miss Claudja Barry?

Thank Disco It's Friday!


I've been working all week saving my emotions
For Saturday night when I use my potion
To put on a face, pretty clothes
I'm dressed to kill
It's the one night a week I feel free to obey my will

A magic spell that will tie and tango
Magic shoes and a diamond spangle
I will hypnotize your mind by the way that I move
When you see a thousand stars dance around my shoes

Boogie oogie boogie woogie dancing shoes
Keep me dancing all night
Boogie oogie boogie woogie dancing shoes
Make me queen for a night

Saturday night is my night of power
When the music's playing, comes my magic hour
It's a close encounter with a force that's controlling my feet
It's a once in a lifetime feeling that returns every week

Boogie oogie boogie woogie dancing shoes
Keep me dancing all night
Boogie oogie boogie woogie dancing shoes
Make me queen for a night


As I said way back in 2012: in this clip, I think there may be some Amyl Nitrate in the dry ice...

Have a good weekend, peeps!

8 comments:

  1. She does look a bit glazed.
    The whole of January is a slog, thank goodness we have some sun today.
    Have a fab weekend!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's some blue sky here, too - have a good one, Miss Scarlet! Jx

      Delete
  2. Back to reality with a bump. Thank Disco It's Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sincerely hope you have your boogie oogie boogie woogie dancing shoes on. Jx

      Delete
  3. Happy Jimothy’s birthday! I need my boogie woogie dancin shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore birthday parties, sugar! Happy, happy, enjoy, enjoy!! I missed this song, in fact, it seems I missed the whole disco era because I was too busy birthin' and nursin' babies! LOL cheers for the weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to make up for it, my dear - get your boogie shoes on! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]