Wednesday 15 January 2020

So happy together



Alongside the likes of Marc Bolan and T.Rex [long overdue, I'd say!], Nine Inch Nails and The Doobie Brothers, "Wibbler Whitney" and some-dead-rapper-to-make-up-the-quota, our very own Depeche Mode has gained a place in the bizarre "Rock & Roll Hall of Fame" - a museum-of-sorts in Cleveland, Ohio [that has a publicity machine that tries to make its entry process seem as "important" as, say, the Grammys or the Brits]. It's hardly David Bowie is... at the Victoria & Albert Museum, but I digress.

As I'm always in the mood for a good mash-up, here's another - one, of course, that highlights the talents of the "boys from Basildon", by way of a celebration. I don't know who's more "out of it" - them, The Turtles, or Britney!


...and it features the lovely Gunhild Carling from Postmodern Jukebox [see here, here and here], to boot... How faboo!

[NB nominees who did NOT get inducted into this "prestigious establishment" in 2020 included Pat Benatar, Thin Lizzy, Motorhead, Judas Priest and Kraftwerk...]

2 comments:

  1. I think that was me on the trombone.
    Meanwhile, how excellent is this mash up?!!! And my goodness, weren't Depeche Mode cute!!?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]