Wednesday 1 January 2020

Malaga, Malaga, Malaga


We may knit our own beach-wear this year

It's the opening day of a new year, and a new decade - but some things never change here at Dolores Delargo Towers. We do love to start as we mean to go on, and - with exactly a month to go till we jet off to Spain again for Madam Arcati's birthday - a bit of Latina loveliness is always welcome!

As today happens to be the 120th anniversary of the birth of one of our cherished jolly Latin bandleaders Xavier Cugat, what better way to celebrate with his own tribute to the fair city of Malaga?


Happy New Year, dear reader!

Xavier Cugat (1st January 1900 – 27th October 1990)

6 comments:

  1. Oh Cugi, as Charo called him. Great music. It regularly runs through my head when I’m in town. Knit and crocheted bathing suits are hideous and SO revealing when wet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revealing and itchy, I'd imagine. I can't really see us sitting in our Benalmadena beach bar in a poncho, either. Jx

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Jon!
    I don't know,I'm liking the crochet!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably go down a storm in Ilfracombe. Jx

      Delete
  3. Love a bit of old Cugi I do and that was a fab version of La malagueña

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can always rely upon Cugi's then-wife Miss Abbe Lane to come up with the goods!

      She's still with us, incidentally, at age 87, but I doubt she shimmies in quite the same way... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]