Saturday 18 January 2020

Dum-Dum-Dum-Dum!



Here's another convoluted connection for you...

2020 brings us huge worldwide celebrations for the 250th anniversary of the the birth of one Ludwig Van Beethoven - around 1,000 concerts, opera performances, festivals and exhibitions are expected throughout his native Germany alone; and in the UK, the Southbank Centre has a year-long festival in his honour, BBC television and radio is going overboard, and there are special seasons of his music planned for orchestras everywhere from Wigan to the Wigmore Hall.

Over at Inexplicable Device last week, there were celebrations of a much more modest variety - as the answers to his Grand Quiz were published, and the winner Miss Scarlet was crowned and awarded a sash emblazoned with the IDV "crusty-groyne-and-shag" logo.

Peculiarly the answer to one of quiz questions ["Which member of the Blogorati introduced me/us to 2Cellos?"] was "Me". [Back in August 2019, indeed]

As I need no excuse to feature fit young Eastern European men thrashing away at their large-sized viols, here they are, paying their own little tribute to Ludwig AND to Jimmy Page and Robert Plant at the same time!


More than you ever need to know about Luka Šulić and Stjepan Hauser may be found on their website: 2Cellos

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I do like a Convoluted Connection - Especially with such an agreeable outcome!
    Now, do excuse me - after having those two play their instruments at me, I need a lay down or two...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that what they call a "Moonlight Sonata"? Jx

      Delete
  2. 2cellos are absolutely incredible. Never watched this particular one. Thanks. And I love Beethoven’s Ninth... the cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do give it a good old whacking, don't they? And together, too. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]