Sunday 21 June 2020

At first I was afraid, I was petrified


A selection of six of our Fuchsia collection on display here at Dolores Delargo Towers

After a beautiful - if patchy - day in the garden, it has dawned upon me that at this point in the year I would normally commence a countdown to the pinnacle of our "season", the extravaganza that is Gay Pride (aka "Gay Xmas"). However, like everything else in our lives, it's not happening this year. Sob, sob!

Never mind, let's pretend, shall we?

To start the ball rolling - in the hands of our "house band" the faboo Postmodern Jukebox, the "mother of all gay anthems" takes a whole new aspect...


Go on now, go. Walk out the door
Just turn around now 'cause you're not welcome anymore
Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye?
Did you think I'd crumble?
Did you think I'd lay down and die?

Oh, no, not I
I will survive
Oh, as long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
And I'll survive
I will survive, hey, hey


Still a song for our times, methinks.

2 comments:

  1. The fuchsias are looking fab
    and
    A fab version of the gayest of gay anthems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good old Postmodern Jukebox never let us down! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]