Friday 26 June 2020

But that's the way that I was born to be



Darlings! Reasons to be cheerful:
  • It's Gay Xmas Eve! - even if we have no Pride march nor parties to go to, other than via Zoom.
  • It's payday - even if the prospect of a return to shopping in Primark at the moment still seems weird, and somehow slightly scary...
  • We have the ultimate, most magisterial gay icon and Patron Saint here at Dolores Delargo Towers, Dame Shirley Bassey to lead us into the celebrations - as only she knows how [even if her audience in this clip doesn't]!
All the more reason to Thank Disco It's Gay Pride Friday!


Funny how a lonely day can make a person say:
What good is my life?
Funny how a breaking heart can make me start to say:
What good is my life?
Funny how I often seem to think I'll never find a dream
In my life
Till I look around and see, this great big world is part of me
And my life
This is my life
Today, tomorrow, love will come and find me
But that's the way that I was born to be
This is me
This is me

This is my life
And I don't give a damn for lost emotions
I've such a lot of love I've got to give
Let me live
Let me live

Sometime when I feel afraid, I think of what a mess I've made
Of my life
Crying over my mistakes, forgetting all the breaks I've had
In my life
I was put on earth to be, a part of this great world is me
And my life
Guess I'll just add up the score, and count the things I'm grateful for
In my life
This is my life
Today, tomorrow, love will come and find me
But that's the way that I was born to be
This is me
This is me

This is my life
And I don't give a damn for lost emotions
I've such a lot of love I've got to give
Let me live
Let me live

This is my life
This is my life
This is my life!


Amen to that.

Have a faboo sparkling weekend, dear reader!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nobody did it like her - except perhaps dear Dotty... Jx

      Delete
  2. That song was fantastic! Are you sure that audience isn't dead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley looked like she was in the mood to kill them, so maybe that's the aftermath... Jx

      Delete
  3. With Dame Shirl belting that out as only She (and Dotty) could I think the audience was too petrified to move and were stunned into silence and awe by the sheer intensity and power of that voice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time!
    Wish I could belt out a tune like that and not sound like an injured cat.
    SX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't we all? I hope no-one puts a mic anywhere near me while I'm belting out "For a golden girl knows when he's kissed her - it's the kiss of death from Mister Goldfinger!" in our living room [complete with arm gestures]... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]