Saturday 13 June 2020

Oooh get her! Whoops - I've got your number ducky!



It's HM The Queen's Official Birthday today!

Lucky her, getting two bites of the birthday cherry... I imagine she's a bit pissed off, mind you. Not only will she be missing her favourite Royal Ascot races next week, but her ceremonial Trooping of the Colour was also cancelled for only the second time since she came to the throne - to be replaced by a socially-distanced parade at Windsor Castle instead.

I hope it went something like this...

6 comments:

  1. "don't look now, girls, the major's just minced in with that dolly-coloured sergeant." - one of my FAVE python segments!

    QEII will outlive us all, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of our fave sketches, too!

      Jx

      PS It does seem like Her Maj is hanging on, and on, just to spite Charlie's chances at the throne :-) [She's now the fourth longest-serving monarch in history...]

      Delete
    2. interesting chart there. I know the Thai king died recently, and I didn't know that about Louis.

      Delete
    3. HMQ had the disadvantage, where such things are concerned, of only becoming Monarch at 27 years old - whereas Louis was a child. Jx

      Delete
  2. Well if I had her family I would want to social distance as well. I hope she will outlast Charles, Queen Camilla... ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - what a horrid prospect. The woman who caused such pain to Diana getting to the role that was rightfully hers. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]