Wednesday 24 June 2020

Not the 'Healing Field'


A man with tickets for this year’s Glastonbury has been brought to his knees by an incredible, overwhelming wave of relief.

Tom Booker of Manchester glanced at the calendar, realised he should have been setting off for the festival tomorrow and was staggered by the sheer joy of not having to.

He said: “If not for the pandemic, I’d be in a tent tomorrow night. And every night until next Tuesday. Surrounded by dickheads and caked in my own filth. And now I’m not.

“Who was on this year? Kendrick Lamar, I’d have had to watch that. And Taylor Swift, even though by Sunday night all I’d really want to be doing is sitting in my car, imagining I’m in traffic, leaving.

“God, the drugs I’d have to take. The surprising art-house cabaret I’d have had to stumble upon. The pleasure I’d have had to feign. All gone.

“Instead I get to stay at home, sit in the sun in my own garden, urinate in my own clean porcelain toilet, pour myself cold drinks from my own fridge and not have to watch sunrise from anywhere, least of all the 'Healing Field'.

“Watch it on the telly? Bollocks I will.”
The Daily Mash

Of course.

[The BBC's going overboard this weekend with something called "The Glastonbury Experience". I expect that means people will be encouraged to sit in their gardens, stoned, listening to muffled speakers half a mile away, eating nasty vegan dishes and shitting in a bush.]

6 comments:

  1. Ug. Glastonbury. The very idea repulses me, so Hooray for the pandemic! It just goes to show that something good can come from anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the weather today, imagine the images of muddy oiks tramping through all the detritus just to see Lana Del Ray. Ghastly. Jx

      Delete
  2. The Daily Mash, Spot on again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even when I was younger I was never a fan of chemical toilets or tents, or mud come to that.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite understand the first two - but I thought you lived practically in the middle of a field these days? I would have thought that mud comes with the territory. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]