Saturday 29 August 2020

A question no one has ever asked


A Mad Max prequel is in the pipeline, which may ruin everyone’s memories of the earlier films by being shit. Here are some more classics to fuck up.

Jaws
‘What happened when Jaws was a baby shark?’ is a question no one has ever asked. A prequel could feature a cute little 12-inch Jaws learning the ways of the ocean. Basically anything that completely ruins the menace of the actual Jaws. Maybe Jaws could be friends with a crab?

Toy Story
The events of Toy Story are very clear, so it doesn’t need a prequel, but then neither did Alien or all the other films bollocksed up with one. The early life of toys is a bit limited, so the entire film would be about talking pieces of plastic waiting to be moulded into Woody, Buzz and all the characters we love.

Withnail and I
Funny and moving with memorable characters, Withnail and I could be completely ruined forever by showing the jaded thespians years earlier as optimistic and supremely annoying drama school pricks.

The Long Good Friday
Classic Brit thriller about gangster Harold Shand’s hellish Easter weekend. But what were Harold and wife Victoria doing earlier in the week? A prequel could focus on them sorting out nibbles for the party on their yacht, then end unsatisfyingly as the IRA start blowing people up.

Back to the Future
Okay, the sequels are also sort of the prequels, but that’s what happens when you mess with time travel. For simplicity this would tell the story of Marty’s teenage life: driving his parents to distraction practising Van Halen riffs, demanding a car, and non-stop wanking.
The Daily Mash

Of course.

8 comments:

  1. I was so excited for the Alien prequel Prometheus, but it was so spectacularly shit that it should be expunged from reality. I'd rather watch one of the contemptible Alien vs Predator crossover films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shudder at the whole concept of a "prequel" (it isn't even a real word!), and don't get me started on pointless remakes of old classics... Jx

      Delete
  2. Damn it, now I can’t get the confusion I feel about those Alien/Predator films out of my head.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find all of that stuff confusing. Aliens and its sequels? OK. Predator? Never saw the attraction. The two together? Hmmmm. Sort of "Ant and Dec" with more blood, guts, gore and CGI green slimy stuff all over them? Jx

      Delete
  3. Funny you should write about this today, sugar! I just saw a meme that was a mash up called "Pride and Predator" and it even included a pic of Darcy as the Predator! It did succeed in making me laugh out loud! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colin Firth as a murderous alien beast? Not bloody likely, methinks. Jx

      Delete
  4. Instead of remaking good films, they should remake bad ones that that had the potential to be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the world ready for a remake of Caligula, I wonder..? Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]