Friday 21 August 2020

When I first heard funky music, it just blew my mind



Good grief!

Among yet another bizarre assortment of famous fellow celebrants, including Dame Janet Baker, Joe Strummer, Jackie DeShannon, Aubrey Beardsley, Kenny Rogers, Donald Dewar, Dina Carroll, Count Basie, Princess Margaret, Barry Norman, Friz Freleng, Jack Weston, Kim Cattrall, Kelis, King William IV and Usain Bolt, the peculiarly androgynous blonde bombshell [I have commented before: you never saw him and Amanda Lear in the same place] Patrick Juvet is seventy years old today...

Lets wheel the old gal out one more time, shall we, for a ridiculously camp lip-synched performance of his greatest, and most-remembered, hit - and Thank Disco It's Friday!


Thank heavens for that. The longest week of my life is almost over, and it will soon be time to party for real.

Have a good weekend, peeps!

Bon anniversaire, Patrick Juvet (born 21st August 1950)

8 comments:

  1. I hear stuff like this and I think "whose fault is this?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness they do look very similar
    Perhaps Patrick Juvet is Amanda Lear's older sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha - Mr Peenee!!! I think that about a lot of things!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Someone must have bought Bryan Adams' Everything I Do, I Do It For You to keep it at the top slot for sixteen weeks, yet no-one I have ever spoken to would admit it. Jx

      Delete
    2. I hated that tune with a venom, so I am innocent! Even when I hear it now I want to cry as I loathe it so much. I wonder who did buy it? People that operate torture chambers, perhaps.
      Sx

      Delete
    3. Heaven only knows; and the list of songs the behemoth kept off the top slot during those four months is heartbreaking - see my post on that subject from two years ago. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]