Friday 14 August 2020

Flashing lights in hyper space



Be careful what you wish for, they say. A mere few hours after I posted yesterday's moan about the continuing stifling heat, the most dramatic storm arrived - crashing thunder and lightning all around us - and several inches of rain fell in a matter of hours. Just after we'd watered all the pots again. Hey ho, at least the air's slightly cooler...

My lovely fortnight's holiday is slipping away far too quickly for my liking, too. However, the fact that today is Miss Sarah Brightman's sixtieth birthday gives me a perfect excuse (as if I need one!) to dig out my slightly-too-tight-these-days silver bodysuit and thigh boots in honour of her crowning career moment - and Thank Disco It's Friday!


Have a good weekend, dear reader.

4 comments:

  1. Oh the flipping weather - still muggy and moody in these parts.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's slightly brighter than yesterday, but still gloomy here. Not the most desirable finale to my fortnight's holiday, but hey ho... Jx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Not on this occasion - the Hall of Shame in this case goes to Arlene Phillips! From this to Starlight Express and Duran Duran's Wild Boys video in less than a decade... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]