Friday 28 August 2020

This ain't no place to be if you planned on being a star



This is it, folks! The last Bank Holiday three-day weekend until Xmas is looming, so we'd better make the most of it...

After another tortuous week hunched uncomfortably over the crappy little laptop, cursing everyone and everything to do with work, perhaps it's best to remember:

"You might not ever get rich
But let me tell you it's better than digging a ditch!"


...and Thank Disco It's Friday!


Hope you're taking note of the dance tutorial from Legs & Co.

Have a great long weekend, dear reader!

12 comments:

  1. He'll when I left work that Friday....my long weekend has lasted 5 months.

    I'll drink to that. I've decided to become a lady who luncheons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clink, clink, dear - I can't wait to see your Legs & Co impression. Complete with stripy pop-socks. Jx

      Delete
  2. I spent most of the 70s either pregnant or nursing a baby or dealing with toddlers, so I missed everything! I really do wonder why happened to almost a whole decade of my life! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a hit here in early 1977, when I was still only thirteen. The 70s was a decade of my childhood, and the 80s was when I really discovered music... Jx

      Delete
  3. DEAR God I don't envy you! I've been pregnant twice and much as I love my kids I'm not doing it again. Well done on getting through it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hope the weather clears up a bit. I mean, I know it's a British Summer Bank Holiday, but there's no need for gale-force winds and driving rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On August Bank Holiday last year, it was 32C! Bloody British weather. You watch - we'll get a heatwave in October... Jx

      Delete
  5. I hope you are having a good weekend, Jon. Bit breezy here, but set to cheer up sometime next April....
    Heatwave in October? Nope, not this year.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doom-monger. Jx

      PS Whatever the weather, a long weekend is always worth enjoying!

      Delete
  6. I went to see this in the cinema with my friend Gary.
    It was a very, very long time ago.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]