Tuesday 4 August 2020

No one could wish for any better



We're getting excited now! Having spent the day getting clothes and bits ready to take away with us, and potting-on loads of "baby" plants so they don't dry out if the predicted tropical weather this weekend does actually hit, we're definitely in the holiday spirit...

...so let's start the countdown to Amsterdam this Thursday with a most beloved paean to the most gorgeous old city in the world:


Indeed, the lyrics roughly translate as

On the canals of Amsterdam
I have pledged my whole heart forever
Amsterdam fills my thoughts
As the most beautiful city in our country
All the people of Amsterdam
All the lights in the evening late on the square
No one could wish for any better
Than to be someone from Amsterdam!


And you couldn't ask for a more appropriate sentiment than that.

6 comments:

  1. Give my love to Toni, Betty and Marianne if you see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lordy. Pussycat - the band that famously knocked Abba's Dancing Queen off its perch! I was thirteen when Mississippi was in the charts - their one and only hit... Jx

      Delete
  2. It's rainy this morning, and it rained most of yesterday. I'd call it tropical rain, but it isn't, it's bog standard Devon mizzle. I have the heating on.
    I hope you find the sun!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grey and sweaty here in Essex, but apparently it's sunny in the 'Dam! Jx

      Delete
  3. Wouldn't it be amazing if there really were windmills that big!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]