Sunday 11 October 2020

That's how I roll

I despair.

This "new, improved Blogger interface" is such a fucking pain in the arse!

Somewhere along the line this week, this completely un-user-friendly HTML editor has allegedly included some "rogue code" into one of my posts, and that has thrown my right-hand sidebar into the space at the foot of the blog, so it all looks really shonky. Not content with that, but it seems that if I even correct a spelling error then save a recent post, it suddently shoots to the top of the Reading List. I have reported this using the Feedback form (located by clicking "?" top right of the page) practically every day for the past few weeks since it started happening, but nothing changes (of course). Consequently, last night I was faced with a list of my past few day's posts all allegedly published at the same time that evening. How utterly pointless is that?

This is a product of the supposedly world-beating Google Corporation, don't forget - supposedly so "tech-savvy" that they run the preferred operating system on more smartphones than Apple, and can be trusted to provide the software to run driverless cars. I wouldn't rely upon them - to quote the divine and eternally-missed Miss Coral Browne - to "write 'fuck' in the dust on a Venetian blind!"

Rant #3276 in a series over - let's have some lovely jolly "Sunday Music", courtesy of our "house band" here at Dolores Delargo Towers, Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox!

Now that calmed me down...

Sigh.

12 comments:

  1. The new interface is getting on my last good nerve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just so frustrating. Why call it "improved"? It's not an improvement for anyone! Except probably the geeks at Google who like tinkering with things and will no doubt be snorting their huge bonuses as we speak for launching this particular shambles.

      Thank heavens for Postmodern Jukebox, I say! Jx

      Delete
  2. He'll...this week I now have dear bloggers newest post not or never even showing up in the reader....yet on the sidebar of my blog it update. Im missing peoples post left and right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All we can do is report it, and hope eventually they might do something... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happened to watch "Theatre of Blood" last night and later went down the rabbit hole of who was in it, what else have they done, etc., etc. If the internet is to be believed Coral Browne was introduced during the making of the film to her co-star and future husband, Vincent Price, by their co-star, the late, lamented Diana Rigg. I just wish I could figure out how to work her quote into a conversation so it sounds like I just thought of it! Hilarious. Anyway, I've enjoyed your blog for many years and am very glad you are so diligent and able to deal with the tech hassles. I'll bet there are many like myself who consider you thoughtful and interesting and find your writing a source of pleasure. Thank you, and all the best to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theatre of Blood is one of my favourite films ever - and it's not many married couples who can claim they met their future partner while being electrocuted by them in a hairdresser's salon! Miss Browne was an utter joy, and died far too soon - anyone whose biography could be titled "This Effing Lady" is someone we just know we would like to have met.

      Thank you for your kind words, Frank - and thanks for being a loyal follower "out there in the dark". Jx

      Delete
  5. Coral Browne!!!!!!!!!!!!Never met her, but fuck me! I wish I had!
    I'm with Wordpress and they are almost as bad!
    By the way...does that singing chap look(not sound) like George Melly? Or am I just a sad ol git?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure "Gorgeous George" was quite that fat, but if I squint...

      Jx

      Delete
  6. I'm going to watch Theatre of Blood on Halloween! All this recent talk of it has got me in the mood, and I haven't seen it in years - also one of my favourites.
    Meanwhile, sorry to read about the Blogger woes, I keep meaning to check my old Blogger blogs, but on the other hand do I really need anymore hassle?!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favourite scenes is the bit with the queeny Robert Morley and her poodles. Sick, but very funny. Jx

      Delete
  7. Always a delight
    This track works particularly well methinks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant version! Lizzo would be proud.

      They could probably do a duet but they'd need a bigger stage... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]