Monday 29 November 2021

Fiesta?


It could be worse - we could be in Yorkshire.

Winter has arrived here in North London - it was down to below zero degrees last night - and it really makes if difficult to haul the old bones out of the snuggly bed and start yet another working week! It's too dark, and I'm not ready for all this.

On this Tacky Music Monday, however, I have found the perfect cheesy (and somewhat bewildering) pick-me-up, courtesy of a German "national treasure" and sex symbol...

Like so many of his ilk, of course, Rex Gildo's media-savvy image was a charade. He sang songs about girls, sunshine and idyllic fun-filled lives, yet suffered with depression and alcoholism for years. He had a very public marriage to a "sweetheart" (his cousin), yet had hidden for years the truth that he was in fact in a long-term relationship with a man; his "secretary", several years his junior. It all came to rather tragic end in 1999.

Still, at least we have those teeth - and that bow tie - to remember him by.

Have a good week, dear reader. Keep warm.

4 comments:

  1. It has warmed up today (Tuesday) but the weekend was bitter, and we lost electricity.
    Anyhow, Gildo is cute - beautiful eyes. I might have done that for a male friend, back in the day when they had to do things like that.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It finally warmed up a bit today, but looking at the forecast the rest of the week's chilly again.

      You? A "Lavender Beard"?! I suppose the shopping trips would be jolly. Jx

      Delete
  2. Such a shame - all of that success and yet such a sad life.
    but
    Oh my Gawd those teeth are scary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He bequested them to Rylan Clark-Neil in his will, I reckon. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]