Monday 8 November 2021

Farewell to the Bimbo


My favourite brands of chocolate! [click to embiggen]

I hardly feel like I've had any time away at all (what with the rapidly-decreasing light; the sun sets here at 4.20pm, and it's still all downhill till midwinter), and here I am dragging the sodding laptop out of the cupboard once more...

It's sad to hear that one of the last of the "proud-medallion-wearers" in the business Georgie Dann has flapped his last pair of flares in the wind and ascended to the great Chiringuito in the sky - but at least we here at Dolores Delargo Towers have a perfect excuse for a tribute to the man's magnificent contribution to that beloved genre, the cheesy holiday hit! On this Tacky Music Monday, we have not one, but two treats in store, dear reader:

That's got me wide awake and ready to go! Oh, those safety gays...

Have a good week, folks.

[More Georgie Dann here]

8 comments:

  1. I was inconsolable with grief when I heard the news, the fact that I have never heard of the man before is neither here nor there. I've sent the maid out for a bar of Arse and a scratch card to soothe the deep distress I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be very surprised if he hadn't appeared on stage at The Benidorm Palace. Jx

      PS I might have a Milkyknickers after my lunch.

      Delete
  2. I must say that the choons are at odds with my black windows and fairy lights at this time in the morning!
    I fancy a Twat.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Dann doesn't dance so much as direct traffic. The dancers in that second vid? Oh, my... those boys are light on their feet. Thanks for the nice slice of comfort. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those safety gays are every bit as frenetic as Raffaella's! Jx

      Delete
  4. Oh I Did enjoy that especially the dancing boys trousers.
    both have now been added to our holiday mix-tape ready for our trip to Spain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurrah! Just eleven weeks and counting... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]