Monday 22 November 2021

Ich werde meine Knie rouge auftragen und rolle meine Strümpfe runter


I love Mondays...

I must have blinked and missed the weekend, for here I am again, dear reader, dealing with the same old, same old work stuff again...

We need something jolly to wake us up!

It's been far too long since I have featured anything by old faves the Kessler Twins (still going; they hit their 85th birthday milestone in August!), so when I stumbled across this slice of cheesiness, where the girls are paired with the man who was once considered "Germany's answer to Elvis", I just knew it would be perfect for this a Tacky Music Monday ...

Have a good week, dear reader.

More Kessler Twins here, here, and - in one of our favourite camp videos/Scopitones of all time - here.

8 comments:

  1. It was all going so well until the other two joined in - they obviously missed rehearsals, what were they up to instead?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too busy rollen ihre Strümpfe runter, I imagine. Jx

      Delete
  2. Do you people wanna keep it down, some of us just got up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

      Or in your case, the rough men are probably in bed next to you. Jx

      Delete
  3. Yay, Tacky Music Mondays... this is a winner... those outfits alone, the hues, the fabric. The song is a fave and she does it well. Too bad they decided to include him... he looks like a Ken Doll on dopamine and valium. Have a lovely, dear. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did Ken ever wear a turquoise zip-up cardigan, I wonder? Jx

      Delete

  4. Love the Kessler Sister and so happy to hear they are both still with us.
    I hope the German Elvis could sing better than he could dance but i am in no rush to find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently in the 1950s they formed a trio Alice, Ellen & Peter, and had a big hit in Italy with the song song “Da-da-um-pa”.

      As you do. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]