Friday 17 December 2021

I need a drink and a quick decision


He's done THAT manoeuvre before! I can tell.

Oh. Thank. Heavens.

Another tortuous week in work is almost over - one where suddenly everyone appears to have looked at the calendar, realised they've done fuck all for months and now Xmas is looming, expect me to sort everything out "because it's urgent!" Not to me, it's not.

Me, I'm clocking off as normal - and planning to party like the apocalypse is looming! [And if Professor Chris Whitty is to be believed, this Omicron lark might well piss us all off again...]

I am actually trolling off to the West End tomorrow (by bus, because like clockwork during the Festering Season, the shiftless bastards of the Tube drivers' unions will be on strike!) for Our Sal's Dynasty-themed birthday party at her pub The Shaston Arms, so there is some genuine excitement afoot. To help us get off to a flying start, let's have a bit of a twirl while wearing - ahem - outrageously snug-fitting, and bizarrely-patterned, outfits... just like Tavares!

Thank Disco It's Friday!

They were rather brilliant, weren't they?

RIP, Ralph Edward Vierra Tavares (10th December 1941 – 8th December 2021).

10 comments:

  1. Bless the Seventies - the older I get the more I appreciate experiencing it!
    Raise a glass for me when you're out and have a good one!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but where would one get an outfit like theirs these days?

      Clink, clink, Ms Scarlet! Jx

      Delete
    2. Anywhere that sells Bacofoil(or whatever generic stuff you buy) . What I want to know: where this side of Hades do you get that foil that DOES NOT RIP ? I have difficulty tearing a strip for an oven-baked wotsit so have NO CHANCE dancing in the stuff!(Donation to my fine fund appreciated.)

      Delete
    3. Tinfoil would be a rather unforgiving material to try and turn into an outfit, I must admit... Jx

      Delete
  2. Omicron is already fucking up shit here. Places are closing in number because of staff with the damn virus...and Broadway seems to be shutting down again one by one. Ho ho ho.

    That dynasty party sounds fun cant wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several shows in the West End and some football matches have been cancelled because of too many positive tests, but the booster roll-out is impressive so I am not too worried... Jx

      Delete
  3. What an incredible title for a post. You win. Wow. I adore (and wish I had thought of it first.) Adore Tavares. It Only Takes A Minute (which is what I used to tell all the boys at the club) and Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel (which I tried as a line in Vegas once - it did NOT go over well.) Enjoy your weekend. Adore this blog, hon. Oh, and yes... very sad that (s)he's gone... oh, I, oh, I... I better learn how to face it... (KIZZES)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Everybody's high on consolation
      Everybody's trying to tell me what is right for me, yeah
      My daddy tried to bore me with a sermon
      But it's plain to see that they can't comfort me

      Sorry, Charlie, for the imposition
      I think I've got it (got it), I got the strength to carry on, yeah
      I need a drink and a quick decision
      Now it's up to me, ooh, what will be

      She's gone, she's gone
      Oh I, oh I
      I better learn how to face it"


      Glad you recognised the source, dear!

      Jx

      PS Not surprised your "Tavares-based" pick-up lines never worked, really.

      Delete
  4. Sad news about Tavares, Sad news about the tube strike, sad news about Omicron and even more sad was the news that I had to work and miss the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your presence was missed, dear - that "Caress Morell" outfit's just going to have to be brought out for another special occasion... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]