Thursday 16 December 2021

So when you're near me, darling can't you hear me

Our "Mad Abba-fan" friend John-John would never forgive me if I didn't acknowledge the fact that the creative eminence that is Benny Andersson blows out seventy-five candles on his cake today!

From one master of the musical arts to another pair of geniuses - a tribute by our eternal faves here at Dolores Delargo Towers, Erasure:


Where are those happy days, they seem so hard to find
I tried to reach for you, but you have closed your mind
Whatever happened to our love?
I wish I understood
It used to be so nice, it used to be so good

So when you're near me, darling can't you hear me
S. O. S.
The love you gave me, nothing else can save me
S. O. S.
When you're gone
How can I even try to go on?
When you're gone
Though I try how can I carry on?

You seem so far away though you are standing near
You made me feel alive, but something died I fear
I really tried to make it out
I wish I understood
What happened to our love, it used to be so good

So when you're near me, darling can't you hear me
S. O. S.
The love you gave me, nothing else can save me
S. O. S.
When you're gone
How can I even try to go on?
When you're gone
Though I try how can I carry on?

10 comments:

  1. That made me feel a bit dizzy! And also guilty because I should be vacuuming the house....
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy Bell seems to have loads of energy - maybe you should get him to do it for you? Jx

      Delete
  2. Quite right too! I would never forgive you! xx😜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Those green elf shorts get everywhere, it seems... Jx

      Delete
  4. Love the Erasure version so much !
    Happy Birthday, Benny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 75?! Blimey! It doesn't bear thinking about.

    In other news, I'm not impressed with Andy Bell's chopping skills. It almost looks like he's never handled a carrot before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine he's handled many things that sort of shape before... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]